Extreme coupons – how?

Grocery Coupons Guide Forums Coupon Forum Extreme coupons – how?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aimee

I try to do extreme couponing, but all I’m able to get is about 50% savings, not even close to what they do on the show. How do I get around that 90% like they do on the show?

Jeffry

It’s practically impossible to do what they do on that show

Unless your store has a great coupon policy and will actually double or triple them, it’s really impossible to coupons as they do on the show. More so – since the show has come out, stores have actually worsened their policies so people can’t do that. Be happy if you manage to get 50% savings.

Kate

Stores changed their coupon policy because of that show

Reality is that since the show has come on, grocery stores have changed their policies to where they only double up to $0.99 and some has even stopped to double at all. They also now have limits at many places that you can only use 20 coupons per day and also you can’t stack coupons.

So it’s basically impossible now.

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Realistic Couponing Vs. Extreme Couponing

Aimee,

I get a few emails every day with the same question and complaints.

Unfortunately, that show has given people unrealistic expectations for couponing and given most couponers unfair representation.

Don’t expect to get 90% savings. Remember – it’s a TV show, not real life.

Many stores that you see on the show have allowed these people to coupon limitlessly. But they do impose limits on everyone else.

50% saving is pretty good, and that means that you’re a good couponer.

Doing more than that will require some extreme measures. Are you willing to do dumpster diving? Are you ready to Stockpile for 4 years? And how does investing 60+ hours a week sounds like?

I’m not sure it’s worth the effort…

With that in mind – if you want to improve your couponing skills then you may find this site, and especially the Smart Coupon Strategy very helpful.

Barbara Ed
    Participant

Extreme couponing saves couponers hundreds to thousands of dollars every year and provides great bulk storage for themselves and their families. I mean seriously, why pay full price for an item if it’s possible to get it for free?

dana18740
    Participant

Wow, 50% seems really high already. I have not had that much success. Would love to hear some more tips.

Megafortune
    Participant

The tv show is just a marketing strategy. It’s unrealistic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.