Extreme coupons & Loyalty Card – how to combine?

Grocery Coupons Guide Forums Coupon Forum Extreme coupons & Loyalty Card – how to combine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laurie

I’m new to couponing, and wanted to know if there was a trick or tip to using your loyalty card and coupons.

What saves more money? Should I hand over the coupons first and only when they are processed continue with the loyalty card, or should I do it the other way around?

Or would it not make a difference, since I’m assuming that most store computers would catch any flaw or mishap anyway.

Thanks for all answers and tips in advance. I’m trying to get my family’s grocery bill down by 50%, so I could use all the help I can get.

Laurie

Greg

It should not make any difference

It should not make any difference. There are no “cash registers” any more.
    All modern cash registers are actually data terminals with cash drawers now. The computer will apply all the discounts you earned regardless of the order in which you present them to the cashier.

Collen

true, most of the time…

Basically I agree that it shouldn’t make any difference, but once in a great while it does matters.
    For example, if you are barely over the price to qualify for a store special (e.g.. buy $15 on frozen food, get $5 off).

In that case you would want to first use the store card, to knock it from $15 to $10, then you can use your coupons for the individual products next. Otherwise, your coupons may lower your total below the $15 original required purchase.

Most of the time it doesn’t matter. However, as a habit of mine I like to wait until after they ring up everything before giving either, to see how much they think all that stuff is supposedly worth.

Barbara Ed
    Participant

Great blog post! You really inspired me, and you’ve offered such great advice for so many. This really is a must read.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.