What is Upromise®?
Upromise is an innovative reward program by Sallie Mae® that helps its members get money back for college from their everyday spending. So far, Upromise members have received more than $600,000,000 in college savings!
How does Upromise program work?
Once you join Upromise®, nearly everything you buy or do can mean more money for college in your Upromise account.
You have four different ways to earn money:
- Activate grocery digital coupons each month to earn on participating grocery and drugstore items.
As with other electronic coupons programs, you will have to do a one time process of registration all of your favorite grocery and drug stores loyalty cards.
You then select eCoupons you’re interested in, and they will automatically link to all of your registered cards.
When you use your cards as you normally do at the checkout lane, your savings are automatically added to your Upromise account (Note: your grocery bill will stay the same).
There are thousands of participating grocery and drug stores, and every month up to $40 worth of e-Coupons savings are offered.
- Earn 1%-25% back on online shopping at over 800 participating retail sites (e.g. Target, Home-Depot, Barnes & Nobles, Expedia, Apple and many more).
- Earn 4%-8% back on your total bill (including food, drinks tax & tips!) when you dine at over 8,500 participating restaurants.
- Earn 1% back on all of your spending by applying to the Upromise Credit card, plus an extra 4%-10% on eligible dining, groceries & online purchases.
How can I use my earnings?
All your earnings go directly into your Upromise account. Then, you have three options for using them:
- Invest them in a 529 Collage saving plan.
- Use them to pay student loans you already have.
- Receive a check for college expenses such as tuition, textbooks etc.
Do my earnings ever expire?
The money you earn through Upromise never expires. You can save for a loved one yet to go to college, someone in college, even for future generations. Your earnings never go away.
What if my favorite store has no loyalty cards?
There are a handful of Upromise participating retailers that do not have traditional store loyalty cards. Upromise digital coupons can be linked to “Upromise keytags” or any other forms of unique identification numbers such as phone numbers.
How often do new e-coupons appear?
Right now Upromise publishes new eCoupons on the first of every month.
Do Upromise digital coupons double?
Similar to other eCoupon companies, Upromise electronic coupons do not double. They are, however can be stacked with both Manufacturer coupons as well as retailer coupons!
I’m a member of SavingStar and see that Upromise digital coupons are powered by SavingStar. Can I participate in both Upromise and SavingStar?
Yes. In fact, SavingStar provides the eCoupons for the Upromise service. You may register for both the Upromise and SavingStar services, including registering your same store loyalty cards in each service. However, you may only activate a particular eCoupon in one service during a single promotion period.