Coupon embarrassment :(

Grocery Coupons Guide Forums Coupon Forum Coupon embarrassment :(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bethann.rod7
    Participant

I’m new to couponing, I use this site and Krazy Koupon Lady to find deals. I planned out a trip to target to get laundry detergent, cosmetics, and razors for a discounted price with the coupons I got from the Sunday paper. (And I was in comfy clothes, had a breakout, o my period blah, not looking my best) I’ve never had problems shopping at target or using coupons there, I just used 5 coupons on a trip last week. Today I got ready to checkout and told the cashier I had digital and paper coupons, he said ok. Rang up the entire purchase and then said he could only accept 2 coupons for the purchase. I said why? He said the coupons are limited 2 per purchase, I checked each of my coupons (I had like 20) and only one of them said limit 2, so I said ok and gave him the stack and he said no I can only accept 2 for the ENTIRE purchase. And I told him I didn’t understand why when I wasn’t exceeding the number of coupons for the purchase according to the manufacturer, he then told me its targets store policy that they can only accept 2 coupons at a time. My entire purchase today was supposed to be $20, i spent $125 because he would not accept them, not to mention how loud he was, everyone was staring at me, it was so embarrassing. I just gave him 2 coupons and paid and went straight to customer service to verify, because like i said i just used coupons on another trip earlier this week. they told me he was wrong and started reimbursing me cash value for the coupons, which i felt so embarrassed i only gave him half my stack. in the middle of the customer service cashier ringing this up, the previous cashier came over and told me AGAIN i could not use more than 2, and i said well he said otherwise, and he got louder and said MA’AM ITS STORE POLICY and the customer service cashier turned to the ASSISTANT MANGER beside him and the AM said its OK. This cashier rolled his eyes and walked away. I can understand store policy, but he was obviously wrong in this situation and seemed to be confusing manufacturer policy and store policy and took it out on me. And the fact he didnt tell me the policy before he rang everything up, even though I showed him how many coupons i had and told him beforehand as a courtesy. The way he treated me was so wrong, I’ve never been treated this way shopping, esp at a target. And because he was so focused on not accepting my coupons, he didn’t give me the $15 target gift-card i got on the circle app, he didn’t even bag my groceries after he asked if i wanted bags, he only used one, forcing me to load everything in my basket bag less. Why did he act like coupons were personally stealing from his paycheck, why not give me more than one bag if i asked for it to be bagged, I’m paying the 10 cents for each bag, like I’m just so upset about this entire situation. I took the time to clip coupons, plan my trip, i may have looked like crap because I’m on my period but he treated me like trash. I may go back and return what I bought without coupons, this whole situation really makes me want to give up couponing even tho i was saving alot of money doing it. Has anyone been publicly embarrassed like this for just trying to use coupons?

mrpossible
    Participant

that’s serious

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.